Sunday, 5 February 2012

LEGISLATIVE BUILDING::SYMMETRY SYMMETRY SYMMETRY

I thought i'd post some shots I took from a recent visit to our Legislative grounds here in Winnipeg. I have lived here all my life and am not sure what excuse I can possibly conjure up for why I haven't  ever visited the grounds before. I have literally worked across the street for the last six years telling myself each year that I would make a point to check it out. Well finally it happened, but not on my own terms however. Our photography class did an out of class field trip and I was glad that something finally got me in there to see it.

The buildings architecture itself is nothing short of amazing, but then again it is the legislative building so I imagine it is nothing short of what it should be. I wasn't aware until the moment I stepped foot in that building that it is definitely all about symmetry symmetry symmetry pretty much everywhere you look. Architectural shooting along with anything overly symmetrical has never really my bag and to be quite honest, I am more of an asymmetrical kinda girl.  However, I will admit that with a couple hours of shooting, an appreciation was developed.


So here's some shots from the day that I converted into black and white mostly because I just love the clean look, feeling, and simplicity it adds to the very detailed building.


HOPE YOU ENJOYED THEM ... FEEL FREE TO SEND SOME BLOG LOVING BY COMMENTING BELOW 

6 comments:

  1. Bellisssssimo! Such an aura around that place! Love the door knocker <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED it too ... I must have taken about 15 shots of those beauties at all different angles lol

      Delete
  2. Nice job baby! I love the last one - ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I well remember this building, how could I forget?!? I really love the picts, expecially the first one :) keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ... did you visit inside for a tour? I think when you were here the Golden boy was taken down for cleaning or maybe not?
      The first picture is my favourite too ... the white streak along the bottom is actually the tail lights from a car ... it is a technique used to catch light streaks.

      Delete