Sunday, 4 March 2012

PHOTOGRAPHY:: MY 2012 LIST OF GOALS

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I thought it would be a great idea to share with everyone my 2012 Photgraphy goals  that I scribbled down in my notebook after the new year and also to provide myself ewith yet another visual list to help me stay on track of accomplishing some of, or in a perfect world - all the things on it. 

Some of the items on the list are totally out there and probably wont happen, or at least a couple of them for sure, but better to think big, or just go home! You never know what opportunities might come knocking - right? I have already to date accomplished some of the things on this list which is great! I feel like i'm off to a good start. My blog here for instances is one of the things I got on right away or should I say had someone else help me get on top of! I think I have also found my person I consider my Photographer/business mentor. She has helped me heeps since the moment she knew I bought a camera. I don't think she knows this yet, but Noella, you have been so wonderful words cannot express how thankful I am to have met you, i think we'll both laugh when I say, who would have thought!  She has offered me so many awesome opportunities, support, and direction, and a bonus to it all - I love her style of Photography! I am super glad for this being crossed off my list, cause the people who take the time in the beginning to help you are what really shape us and paves the way into our future!
Anyways, I'll keep this short and sweet and just get to the list of course with a pretty shot of my actual notebook list.


:: PHOTOGRAPHY GOAL LIST:: 

 Complete a Portrait Photography Course
Create a Personal Photography Blog
Start sharing shots online with Family & Friends 
Learn to shoot better at Night and in low light Situations
Find a Photographer/business Mentor
Find a Photographer to volunteer with or work with either permanently or casually
Attend a wedding(s) as s second shooter or helper 
Build up my People & Couples Portfolio 
Shoot some cool Star Trails and Sparkler shots
Purchase a new lens 
Shoot a photo everyday or more for 365 days
Totally crazy, but i'll put it down - shoot my own Wedding or Engagement shoot
Shoot more children and family shoots
Take monthly photo walks (especially throughout downtown)
Go on a TRIP specifically to shoot
Attend a Seminar or Workshop

I'll keep you all updated here and there on how the list is going as things get accomplished! 

4 comments:

  1. That is a great list, and I don't think any of them are unachieveable for you Aimee! Including shooting your own wedding or engagement session. I think you would do a fantastic job already.

    P.S. Your handwriting is beeeeeeeautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, thanks Hannah ... everyone always seems to LOVE my writing for some reason - I guess it is extra girly and bubbly which is better than doctors writing I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I feel about lists!!! Big fan ;) Can't wait to see the dreamy photographs that come from you crossing these items off your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know I know Mrs Cowley, I gave you honourable mention in my last night time shooting post right at the beginning ;)

    ReplyDelete