Sunday, 7 October 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEKEND :: GIFTS MADE WITH LOVE

Wishing all my friends, family, and clients a cozy, relaxing & Happy Thanksgiving spent with the ones you love! 






I thought i'd take a moment to quickly share a shot of my  DIY craft & recipe gift that I made for my in-laws this Thanksgiving weekend. Everyone knows I am a terrible baker, so I try to bring the next best thing that I can't go wrong with.

If you LOVE a good soothing hot beverage, this BLUEBERRY TEA recipe is absolutely the most perfect drink to cozy up with on a cold fall or winter evening. Since the day I first discovered it, it has been my go to drink and my home is always in a constant supply of the few simple ingredients it takes. As you can see, I love sharing this recipe with everyone cause why not spread a good thing - right?!

It truly makes a great little gift to bring to parties which is always best served later in the evening while chatting with friends, playing games, or even accompanied with dessert.

As for the presentation, I prettied up a mason jar (a small round one would have been cute too) with just a few of the many crafty items I had laying around the house including lace, twine, and of course one of this beverages key ingredients, a cinnamon sticks. I also whipped up a cute little label card that fit perfectly under the lid and viola!



So now for the good part, the actual goodness in the mason Jar you may be wondering about. 

BLUEBERRY TEA RECIPE

6 Oz. Amoretto or Disoronno Liquor
6 Oz. Grand Marnier Liquor
2 - 3 Cinnamon Sticks 
1 Lrg Orange Slice or Peel 

Fresh Brewed Pot of Orange Pekoe or Earl Grey Tea

The above recipe is what is shown in my DIY gift and yields roughly 6-8 cups of delicious BLUEBERRY TEA for a small group. The mixture can sit a couple hours which will infuse the liquours with a slight orange and cinnamon hint.  It is usually served nicest in an irish mug or a brandy snifter with a sugared rim and garnished with a cinnamon stick and orange slice. The combination of the two liquors (cherry & orange flavour) pair beautifully with my personal favourite a fresh brewed pot of Earl Grey tea for a delicious aroma and taste of blueberry. You can also use Orange Pekoe tea if that tickles your fancy. For single serving for yourself at home the ratio is 3/4 oz. for each liquor or to taste really if you like your drinks stronger or weaker. 

Anyways, it is sure to be a hit especially when presented so prettily, hope you all enjoy and have a happy thanksgiving weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks sensational!! So warming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks doll, too bad you can't enjoy this winter, but there's always next or a pretty little dinner party gift for your next night out xx Hope you're keeping well!

      Delete