Saturday, 10 November 2012

PERSONAL :: GETTING ORGANIZED

Just wanted to share a quick personal post, cause when you're happy, you just want to share with the world! It's really small and simple, but exciting none the less.  

Some of you (friends, family, and perhaps clients too) might recall  Photography :: My 2012 List of Goals that I posted some odd months ago in January? With only a few months left before the new year, I have a couple more things i'd like to accomplish before I re-visit the list. Of course pen in hand i'll be ready eager to strike the goals I have accomplished off, which for any of you who know me will know that lists just happen to be a favourite pass time  of mine ;) 

 I certainly look forward to reminiscing about the achievements and experiences from 2012 (some fun and some downright crazy) with a smile on my face. I am also curious to see how many things I wasn't able to achieve, why, and then figure out a new plan to get them accomplished for next year all the while brainstorming a new list of goals of course! 

I get to add something to the 2012 list which was never intended or expected and mainly what this post was and is suppose to be about. So how about I get to the point! 

I am so happy to announce that I will be adding "leasing a studio space" to the 2012 list which is pretty self explanatory. 

I now have a lovely studio in the Exchange district to call my own. It is a shared space with other photogs, but is hardly ever used which means I have a warm cozy inviting space I can bring my friends, family, and clients to for sessions on mostly any days I want . It really is something i've always wanted daydreamed about. Having a "Photography" studio was never the exact dream per say. Years ago already, you could find me passing by an old character building in the Exchange District and saying something like "Oh, I love that space, it'd make the perfect boutique or bakery" (mind you I can't bake worth a damn but that besides the point). So you see, it was always there, the desire to have my own space in the Exchange District, and now I do because I finally pursued my love for photography! 

Anyways, with the free time that has graced my life these days, I plan to use the studio much more which is something to look forward to! To get the ball in motion for completing a few more goals before 2012 is over,  I started off with spending last night cleaning and organizing, ok nesting in the studio. I threw some tunes on the iPod, ordered pizza, and while my wonderful hubby assembled some shelving for my throws and props, I got down to the nitty gritty business of cleaning. That's right, moving everything out, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and mopping! Low and behold, the studio is now clean as a whistle and was smelling fresh and of tip top condition for my baby session this morning. A great thanks to my hubby and the wonderful Martha Stewart, the studio now has some pretty and practical white shelving for all my "photog" things to be stored. Not to mention a much cleaner alternative to the landslides of blankets onto the floor that occur more often than not! Ahhhhh, how I love cleanliness and organization! 


So I share with you a small look at my new little spot of shelving that holds the humble number of props I have accumulated thus far. I can't wait to fill it with more pretty props and blankets as I hopefully get to shoot more family, friends, and clients! I have a few sessions I am looking forward to this month so keep posted and thanks for reading! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Aimee!!! HOW EXCITING!!! You totally deserve your own studio space, you're just so amazing. LOVE your props. Dream come true indeed, well done doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW!!!I had NO idea you now have your own photography studio. Isn't it amazing how your business is growing in a very short time ?!? Yes, the space you have created is absolutely your style: wonderful! Can0t wait to see more and more picts in the months and years to come!

    ReplyDelete